Sunday, November 11, 2012

Silhouettes

Hello!  So I haven't posted anything in months and I apologize for that.  The infamous DESIGN SYSTEMS I, among other things, has taken over my life.  Fortunately I've decided to protest and put illustration before design.  TEAM ILLUSTRATION! 

I've worked on several exercises and projects in illustration since the last time I posted; one of those being the silhouette project.  The idea was to choose any silhouette and create an image inside of that silhouette that conforms to the shape in a way that makes sense.  Here are some sketches in preparation of the final paintings:


 
 
 
The first sketch is about alcoholism and heart disease and how the two go hand in hand.  The second is pretty obvious; stray animals in the silhouette of a cat.  The last is a homeless person in the silhouette of a bare foot.  Memphis, as well as many large cities, has a problem with unemployment and homelessness.  With each idea I tried to touch on social issues that are happening now.  There are the final paintings:
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment