Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Card Borders and Backs

So it makes life, and art, so much easier and better if you just make your own textures.  Especially if you want a specific look.  Using the paint tool or the burn tool on Photoshop didn't give me the desired effect, so I just burned my own paper.  I suggest not burning paper in an enclosed room like I did, unless you want your smoke alarms to go off.  So the backgrounds are actual burned paper.  The dark lines (the "eyelashes" that frame the ovals and suit signs) were done in pencil, scanned in, and manipulated on Photoshop.  I thought that looked better than using a brush, and it is more consistent I think.  So one problem I noticed, however, is that when printing and cutting, there's the possibility that some of the edges will get cut into.  That's always something to think about when you're designing something meant to be printed and reproduced.  











No comments:

Post a Comment