Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Revised Travel Poster and Postcard


OKAY!  So here are the revised-revised travel poster and postcard.  Granted, it's not in my usual style (if I even have a style), but it's more of an experiment really.  I played with different textures that I created using graphite rubbings.  I also looked online (I do not suggest using other images unless they are your own, but glass is difficult to photograph.  But don't listen to me).  The poster is mostly influenced by art deco posters, especially Metropolis.  Fred Burton, one of the craziest and most influential teachers at my school, got on me for my lack of movie knowledge.  So he made me watch Metropolis and I LOVED it.  The postcard, however, was influenced by the decorative elements of art nouveau.  I've been on a pattern kick recently, so I decided to sneak that into the postcard.




1 comment:

  1. Hey, just stumbled across your work when I was looking up Metropolis posters as inspiration for my own graphic design. Awesome stuff! I especially like your first poster. The colours work beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete