Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Faces and Backs

Okay, so I forgot to include my back design for the cards in the previous post.  So here we go:



These are for a COMPLETELY different project for a different class, but this blog isn't strictly for illustration.  I'm trying to double major in illustration and painting, and this is what I'm doing in my painting class currently.  These paintings (and there are more) were influenced by 3D stop-motion films and the production of these films.  These pieces are meant to reflect that sense of unity and teamwork involved in stop-motion.  Also, I've been using pattern as a framework, or net, that provides structure and reinforces that idea of unity.  So yes, always trying new things.  These are done in plaster gauze and acrylic paint.  

Creation. 30"X36"

Feeling Whole Again. 11"X18"


No comments:

Post a Comment