Thursday, February 28, 2013

Travel Poster Color Studies

Okay, so these aren't actually revised sketches.  They're more revised than the thumbnails, but not quite there yet.  These are some examples of color schemes I want to go with.  This first set of five are the designs for my travel poster;  the second set, for my postcard.  For the actual designs, I'm working on a more revised sketch that incorporates more of the bike idea.  Possibly adding a gear facade onto the building or paving the road with gears or wheels.  I definitely need to work on the people, since they're in the foreground.  So with that said, here are some possible color schemes.  For this first set of five, I'm leaning more towards the second, the purples, greens, and golds.




These are the quick color studies of my postcards.  I played off of the Kanye West "blinds" glasses idea (I have no idea what they're called, but they have horizontal bars that remind me of window blinds).  I've also added some examples of the highly patterned and colored plant life of Madda.  I like the first and the third one, mostly because blues and oranges are my favorite colors to use with each other.  The postcards are more art nouveau than art deco, like the poster is.  






No comments:

Post a Comment