Sunday, February 17, 2013

OMG Brett Helquist!



So I just went super fan girl a few minutes ago as I searched the web for Brett Helquist's illustrations.  I practically grew up with his Lemony Snicket illustrations and I guess I've always subconsciously channeled that through my work.  As well as the Harry Potter illustrations, but that's a different story.  So as I searched for images to put in my artist presentation, I came across his blog and several interviews.  Who knew you could actually get in touch with an illustrator?  I mean, people always say it's not that difficult, but Helquist always seemed to me like Santa Klaus.  I first saw his illustrations when I was nine.  I guess when you haven't allowed yourself to take advantage of the Internet and its possible connections, you believe everyone is surreal and magical.  Here are some of his images and the link to his blog and that really great interview.

http://bretthelquist.blogspot.com/

http://mormonartist.net/issue-9/brett-helquist/

My favorite cover




No comments:

Post a Comment