Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Playing Card Sketches Part 2

 These are the second batch of sketches.  I didn't work on them as much as the first (I'm in need of sleep and I'd like to function in class tomorrow).  I do have the compositions laid out and I played around with card designs as well.  Here are my refined digital thumbnails:

I hid the colored background and fill colors to show the line work much better.
And this is just a rough sketch of what my card design will be.  Remember, the gear shape is Violet's suit sign.

I plan on using actual burned paper, then scanning it in.  However, I didn't realize that there's an actual BURN TOOL on Photoshop.  I won't use it for the finals mostly because it doesn't look convincing enough. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Terri! The Dodge and Burn tool in Photoshop doesn't actually refer to 'simulated burning', like for instance: Burning Paper. Those names are actually hold-overs from by-gone days when people who used to develop photograph prints in a dark room, and the developer might hold a small circular piece of cardboard over an area that needed to be darkened a little more through the negative. This was called "burning" an image and the opposite of that was called: "dodging". You can do that process now, albeit, digitally... but the end result is the same. AND NOW YOU KNOW........ THE REST OF THE STORY. (Spoken like an old man who's actually done that before!)
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...... nice sketches, BTW!

    ReplyDelete